Thursday, November 09, 2006

Issues

There are certain subjects that need to be addressed with ferocity. People need to speak up when the loudest voice being broadcast is so completely offensive. Bibi says it better than I could in her post Dear Rush Limbaugh

The other subject I want to prompt you to explore is that of the impending war with Iran. Yes, that's what I said, no typo, no dropped q-- war with Iran, which is what ex-weapons inpector Scott Ridder says the Bush administration is planning on pursuing. He was brilliant on the PBS program I just watched. This man should be president, but alas, I fear he is far too rational.

Here's what my local PBS station has to say:

Scott Ritter This week on KCTS Connects, Scott Ritter, former United Nations weapons inspector in Iraq, joins us to talk about his new book, "Target Iran: The Truth About the White House's Plans for Regime Change." In 2002, Ritter became a lightening rod for controversy when he cautioned that the U.S - with its plans to invade Iraq - was on the verge of an historic mistake. He warned that Iraq did not have weapons of mass destruction, and criticized the Bush administration of disguising its policy of regime change with spurious claims of threats to U.S. national security. In his new book he charges the Bush administration for following the same disastrous model in Iran as it did in Iraq, and argues that "the path that the United States is currently embarked on regarding Iran is a path that will inevitably lead to war."

So, I feel the need to stay wary of our questionable leader once again. We cannot afford to invade another country, neither morally or financially--for any reason. I'll defer to my politically savvy husband for info on staying active on this one. There are times we cannot afford to turn our heads. I'll let you know what I find out...

1 comment:

Kiyotoe said...

It's funny that I do have one thing to thank G-Dub for and that's my new found interest and attention paid to politics. Before him i let those that cared worry about the state of the world.....

But now thanks to him, I pay very close attention.

How else will I know when it's time to pack up and head to Canada??

p.s. - Me? Sappy?
Naaaaahhhhh....