Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Trappings of Technology

Well, isn't that always the way. I was all set to jump into full blogging glory and my DSL is down and out. It may be from the colossal rains, it may be some sort of sign to cool it on the computer work. Whatever it is, it has forced me to an internet cafe (the only one on the island) to comment. This after half the day yesterday was spent on the phone to a technician in Manila who tried to walk me through fixing my Quickbooks. (A word to the wise, if you are thinking about starting your own business, try to stay away from the Evil Program that sucks you in, makes you dependent on it, and then charges you exorbitant fees to make it work). I have so much to say, so much to ponder, and yet, limited internet access once again. This seems a recurring theme. What does it mean???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a big bummer. Thanks for your comments on my recent posts. And yes, send something out! The worst that can happen is that it doesn't get accepted, which is exactly what wil happen if it stays on your desk!
TI

Writer Bug said...

Damn it. How annoying! Maybe this is just more time for regular journaling? Good luck survivig the rains! We're in Noah's Arc territory here today too.