Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Snow Day


It’s a winter wonderland up here in the Northwest, something we’re not quite sure what to do with. We’re all agog, wandering down snow-covered lanes with brand new mittens and kicking at the powdery ground with our fur-lined boots. Every time it snows out here, you would think it was the first time in history, such a rare event it is. Adults throw snowballs, cars rear off the road into ditches. It brings us great glee. The city shuts down; a snow day for all. Only the cats are distressed, staring perplexed out the cat door, unsure what is causing the glare. They touch their tiny paws to the ground, and then run back in the house, not caring for change.

4 comments:

Kiyotoe said...

Doesn't the snow make it peaceful though (cars in ditches aside of course)?

I saw some of that snow on the football game last night. My friend called me from the game bragging because he knows how much i miss both playing football AND snow.

Just rude.

TI said...

Lucky you! I love the snow and, moreover, I have new winter boots that I can't wait to wear.

Idiot Cook said...

I was thinking of you, Repeater, when I heard about the weather y'all are having.

I'm not a fan of snow, but your picture is pretty.

Writer Bug said...

I'm with FC. Maybe if snow were a rare event out here, I'd hate it less. But enjoy! And that's funny about the cats. (BTW, which of Michael's books did you read?)