Saturday, March 03, 2007

Middle of the Night

I’ve spent most of the day alone, finishing up the last details of putting the rig together, doing paperwork and keeping my thoughts to myself. It’s now 2 am and I have to get up at 5 to fly to Houston and start the load in. I can never sleep the night before I travel (afraid of oversleeping) or the night before a load-in (afraid I forgot a piece of equipment), so I’m doubly cursed tonight. I’m alternating between reading and writing, tossing and turning, and trying to discern what the noisy people next door are saying. I haven’t understood a word. My room is scorched from the forced air heater and my throat feels like Mexican sand. Water has never tasted so sweet. When I lay my head back on my pillow once again I’m going to count my blessings instead of sheep. I’m going to remember all of the good things in my life.




I may not be with you all for a few days, but I’ll be back soon.

6 comments:

Writer Bug said...

That's lovely that you are counting your blessings. I'd love to have seen a list. Just curious about the inner working of The Repeater. :) Good luck these next few days!

TI said...

Beautiful post. Good luck in Houston. My guess is you won't forget a thing.

Kiyotoe said...

I have the utmost confidence in you Repeater. You won't oversleep or forget anything.

And I'm sure my confidence in you is all that really matters right? ;)

Gili Warsett said...

Did you take that picture? I love it! I'm still amazed at your book review. You're so talented!

TI said...

Hey Gili. I'm suddenly shut out of your blog -- says it's for invited readers only...? What's up?

Repeater said...

Well, I didn't oversleep, but I didn't have the easiest load-in, kind of messed up some, but its coming together. Lots of pressure on this one. I did take the pict, gili, in Noumea (New Caledonia)just as the sun was going down. Thanks for the props