Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Cut it Out!

There are a few things in life that just get under my skin, that get me going in a self-righteous voice about the unbelievable gall of others. I’m going to list them in the hopes that listing them will decrease the severity of my annoyance and thereby lower my blood pressure:

1. Biggest ever pet peeve: People crowding in towards the baggage carousel at the airport, cutting in front of you to wait for their bag. If everyone just took a couple of steps back and waited, you could see your bag coming and move forward to retrieve it.

2. Too much cologne. Come to think of it, any amount of cologne. It is no longer necessary to douse our bodies in scent; we don’t live in Victorian England where baths are hard to come by. Please don’t make me smell you coming from across the room, and don’t carry your wafting scent into the elevator, making the rest of us gasp for oxygen.

3. I do not need to hear what you are listening to on the car radio. I’m sure you enjoy it. I’m sure that whatever you are grooving to somehow defines who you are. Good for you. I don’t have a problem with your music if you are just passing by, maybe pausing at a stop light—I can live with that. But in a line for the ferry when we are all waiting, maybe up to an hour, your music is just plain obnoxious. Buy an ipod.

4. Stand on the right, pass on the left. They announce it over and over on those airport moving walkways. There are signs. Pay attention, people!

5. Get off your cell phone.

Next time on the Repeater:
Things I like (I’ll be home soon and out of the jostling airport and hotel crowds)

5 comments:

TI said...

I hear ya, I hear ya! I *really* can relate to the one about baggage carousels. You've obviously been travelling lately! I also agree with too much cologne, but happen to enjoy wearing a light fragrance (I don't think that anyone but me can actually smell it).

Writer Bug said...

LOL. I hate all of those things too! Though I rarely check baggage (which will change if they continue to not allow cosmetics), so I don't hate the carousel with such passion. :)

I do hate people who take up more room than they need to on the subway. Come on, just cause I'm small doesn't mean you can encroach on my space, buddy. Phew. Glad I got that out. Hope the rest of your trip is more pleasant!

Repeater said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one annoyed. Yeah, ti, I agree a little nice fragrance is good- it's the heavy alcohol based colognes that get me (read cheap cologne), or anything slathered on. Don't want to make you feel self-conscious in Jan if we happen to be standing in an elevator!

Kiyotoe said...

Funny stuff, and ironically, I agree with you and at the same time am probably guilty of all of the above.

Ooops.

Thanks for stopping by my page. Glad you enjoyed what you read. Hopefully I can maintain your interest.

Idiot Cook said...

Hehehe...good post! I do admit, however, to rocking at a stop light with the radio turned up and windows rolled down when a fab song comes on. :) But I'll try to think of the people around me next time.