Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A Good Day



I live in a place where moss grows on the pavement.
I live in a place where spiders spin their webs across the telephone wires.
Today the mountain rears up bold over miles of water
a scene from a postcard, glowing and unreal.
Morning glories tumble down the bank, still blooming in this late summer sun.
I smile from my Schwinn while a black truck spews exhaust in my face.


Just a little bit of my day...
I never found that list of things I like, so here's a new one:

riding my bike, yoga, candles, a fire at night, singing songs at the top of my lungs with no one around, dancing in the living room, thunder storms, sunshine, Dorsey, novels, friends, snorkeling, painting, Uncas the cat, feather beds, hot tubs, fluffy Adie, slate floors, frankinsence, birthdays, scarves, pajamas, people with opinions, honesty, beaches, going to foreign countries, coffee, chocolate, fresh flowers, cheese, a good cabernet, martini glasses, cherry chapstick, Salman Rushdie, opera, quiet,and my marble coffee tables that my husband hates. (not in that order)

5 comments:

Writer Bug said...

I love this post! That is def the scene from a postcard. I am SO jealous. But anyway.... I love the irony in your first paragraph, and it was so much fun to read your list. I think I'll need to make one of those!

Kiyotoe said...

If I ever get up the nerve to move to the West Coast, Seattle is definitely the destination. I have a good friend who i visit on Beacon Hill.

My "what i like" list would look drastically different after such a relocation.

TI said...

Amazing images -- I esp love the morning glories tumbling down...Your list. It's amazing how a list of likes can tell so much about a person. Your list tells me that you're someone I'm glad I know!

Idiot Cook said...

I agree with TI about the list...it tells a lot about a person...perhaps we should all post "Here are a few of my favorite things" lists on our blogs (kind of like a meme)?

Like the imagery in your opening--I was right there with you! :)

Anonymous said...

What a nice post. We should all make lists of things we like!